- RLC Electronic Systems’ roots extend back to 1969. The company had been founded by Harry Kundrat. Originally named the Richard-Lee Company, it was situated in North Eastern New Jersey. The primary market focus of the company had been to serve the instrumentation and control industry, specializing in the liquid flow measurement.
- In 1986, Rick Kundrat joined the company as Vice President.
- From 1986 to 1989, Rick expanded the Richard-Lee product line by redesigning various products to take advantage of micro-processors and the latest electronic technology.
- In 1990, Harry Kundrat retired and Rick took over as President of the company. Soon thereafter, the company relocated to Eastern Pennsylvania and was re-named RLC Electronic Systems.
- In 1996, RLC relocated into a 10,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania. The company continued to grow and advance. With an expanding customer base and the need to handle design and manufacturing in house, RLC started running out of room again.
- In 2011, RLC Electronic Systems purchased ECI Cables, Incorporated.
- In 2012, RLC Electronic Systems moved into a custom 50,000 square foot design and manufacturing facility located in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania. The new facility houses both RLC Electronic Systems and ECI Cables.
- In 2014, RLC Electronic Systems was featured on Modern Marvels!
- Today, RLC continues to grow and evolve meeting their customer’s needs while continuing to provide precision in-house engineering designs with quality manufacturing and customer service.